249 Mediate (verb)
- to try to end a situation between two or more people or groups who disagree by talking to them and trying to find things that everyone can agree on
- to succeed in finding a solution to a problem between people or groups who disagree
- to influence something and/or make it possible for it to happen
- Wilson tried to mediate between the European powers to end the war.
- They mediated a settlement.
- The UN attempted to mediate a solution to the conflict.
- Educational success is mediated by economic factors.